ECS Jets Sponsors the 2019 Bermuda Big Game Classic!
About The Event
This honorable event is the centerpiece of a three tier event in the Bermuda Triple Crown Billfish Championship, and is one of several action-packed weekends, hosting more than 40 of the World’s Top Sport Fishing Teams. These teams make the long trek setting out to catch and weigh in as many fish as they can, in one of the World’s preeminent fishing locations.
We look forward to having our team on location to personally assist clients throughout this one of a kind event, and hopefully make a few new friends as well!
About The Tournament
The Bermuda Big Game Classic is a three-day, billfish team event with top-team honors going to the team that tallies the most points during the tournament. The tournament will award cash and prizes to the team(s) that catch the largest blue marlin and game fish (by weight). Billfish release trophies and cash prizes will also be awarded to the team(s) with the most billfish release points for the tournament. The high-point angler, lady angler and junior angler (age 17 and younger) will receive a trophy and a prize package. Eligible species for the tournament include blue marlin, white marlin, spearfish, sailfish, yellowfin and bigeye tuna, wahoo and dolphin.
Schedule of Events
Event location: The Hamilton Princess Hotel
- July 13— Final registration, captains meeting and kickoff party from 4 to 9:30 p.m. at the Hamilton Princess Hotel. Dinner Buffett opens at 6:00 p.m. Captains meeting will be held at 7:30 p.m.
- July 14— Boat parade off the Hamilton Princess dock at 7:00 a.m. Participants are encouraged to decorate their boats’ outriggers with flags and banners. All boats to line up behind the lead boat at 7:00 a.m. and start a slow parade to Two Rocks Passage. Fishing day: 8:30 a.m. start, 4:30 p.m. lines out. Open Bacardi bar at weigh station starting at 5:00 p.m.
- July 15— Fishing day: 8:30 a.m. start, 4:30 p.m. lines out. Open Bacardi bar at weigh station starting at 5:00 p.m. Private mid-series tournament party presented by Miles Market, Bacardi and Marlin Magazine at the Royal Bermuda Yacht Club starting at 6:30 p.m. until the food and Bacardi runs out.
- July 16— Fishing day: 8:30 a.m. start, 4:30 p.m. lines out. Open Bacardi bar at weigh station starting at 5:00 p.m.
- July 17— Bacardi cocktail reception at Bacardi International Building from 5 to 6:30 p.m. Awards banquet will begin at 6:30 p.m. at the Hamilton Princess Hotel. Live DJ entertainment presented following awards.
BEST OF LUCK to all participants! We look forward to seeing you on the island!